You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How important is it to update apps regarding security?

New iPhone user here, I got the iPhone 13 pro max.

so I’m talking about all apps but mainly the ones that hold sensitive info like banking information for example. If I don’t update my apps does it make it easier for someone to hack my phone in some way and take that info from an app? Maybe via the app that I did not update. I also have passwords in Notes but those are locked behind a password.

I use my phone to run my reselling business and when I was on android I was paranoid that it would get hacked and info stolen so one of the reasons I moved to iOS is for the security.

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 2:31 AM

You need to keep your apps up to date. In updates, there can be bug fixes but also important security updates.

I used to work in IT, the first thing I told the users of the company's I worked for was : always keep your devices and apps up to date

1 reply

How important is it to update apps regarding security?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.