You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac device is not eligibile for AppleCare , how can I make it eligible or what alternatives I have to get additional warrantry for my device

My Mac device is not eligibile for AppleCare , how can I make it eligible or what alternatives I have to get additional warrantry for my device

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 1:46 PM

If it's not eligible, you can't make it eligible.

You can always take out a private insurance policy or make it a scheduled item on homeowner's insurance. But this generally cover only lost or theft and will very likely be quite expensive.

And then there's the deductibles on these type policies; for our house that's $1,000. If we had a Mac scheduled and it were destroyed, we'd have to pay the first $1,000 of any claim. It's just not work it. Better to set money aside designated for emergencies and hope you never use it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2022 1:46 PM in response to Lilaaaaa

If it's not eligible, you can't make it eligible.

You can always take out a private insurance policy or make it a scheduled item on homeowner's insurance. But this generally cover only lost or theft and will very likely be quite expensive.

And then there's the deductibles on these type policies; for our house that's $1,000. If we had a Mac scheduled and it were destroyed, we'd have to pay the first $1,000 of any claim. It's just not work it. Better to set money aside designated for emergencies and hope you never use it.

Jul 23, 2022 1:52 PM in response to Lilaaaaa

I believe you are talking about an older device or a device purchased and not enrolled on apple care in the time frame specified for that. As the other user mentioned below, you cannot make a device "eligible" for apple care if it is not. Best policy is to *always* enroll in apple care when purchasing the product. That way you are guaranteed to be covered when you need it. Best of luck :o)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.