You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 12.1 using Outline view

Keynote 12.1 in outline view, can I decide which text is shown instead of it automatically showing the bulleted text?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 7:50 PM

The theme you have chosen determines what is on the slides, if it's you use a blank slide layout, there won't be any text until you add a text box. If you don't like the layout you are using, choose a different theme or a different slide layout from the Format Inspector located at top right of the tool bar.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2022 7:50 PM in response to vpiphonelover

The theme you have chosen determines what is on the slides, if it's you use a blank slide layout, there won't be any text until you add a text box. If you don't like the layout you are using, choose a different theme or a different slide layout from the Format Inspector located at top right of the tool bar.

Jul 23, 2022 8:58 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank you for responding, Gary. While awaiting responses, I applied the Title Only layout, however, I still had to remove the bulleted content from the Navigator view, do you know the reason the Navigator view didn't clear when I applied the Title Only layout? I have used PowerPoint more often for work, but have been increasing my use of Keynote.

Keynote 12.1 using Outline view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.