You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify account name or password

I am having trouble creating an email account. New MacBook Air running Monterey 12.3. I have set up my 3 other emails without problems. The troublesome email is a go daddy account. I am positive the email name and password is correct as I can easily log on in web mail. I have tried everything including deleting and re-entering several times, advanced settings and ports, the enter password and "tab" approach to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 4:42 PM

I am not familiar with GoDaddy email, but it might be that you need to generate an app-specific password for your Mac. Login to your email via the browser and looking for app-specific password generation.

1 reply

Unable to verify account name or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.