You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Ear Speaker Not Working

I was using iPhone 12 since one year + but suddenly  Ear Speaker is not Working properly it’s too low volume, recently replaced with new Ear speaker its working fine for only 1 day.. again

I went to technician again he replaced with new Ear speaker + formatted my phone and

loaded IOS completely but same issue was started again after one day ☹

Please suggest what would be the next step.. while answering incoming calls

always I should put it on SPEAKER mode only.. its irritating me.

expecting valuable suggestion from Apple....

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:37 AM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2022 8:27 AM in response to arzavijji

Hi arzavijji,

The recommended steps to help resolve your speaker issue are found quoted below from the article here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

"If you can't hear a person's voice clearly, hear crackling, hear static, or have issues with sound quality, learn what to do.

Follow these steps

1. If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, move the switch forward—toward the device's display—so that orange isn't showing. If you're using an iPad, you can also swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center and make sure that Silent Mode is off. 
  2. iPhone ring/silent switch
  3. Open Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure that Do Not Disturb is off."

There are additional steps you can complete the in article to test. If the issue continues, and as you've already had service completed it's recommended you have the hardware checked by an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. You could also return to the technician that replaced the speaker and inform them the issue continues.

If needed, you can view information for service in the link here: iPhone Repair

If you need further assistance with your options, reach out to Apple Support directly.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best.

iPhone 12 Ear Speaker Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.