You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie app on mac os 10.15.7

I've just discovered that iMovie has been uninstalled off my laptop after being updated a couple of days back. When I went to went to app store to reinstall it I received a message that it cannot be installed as it requires IOS 11.5.1 or later

Why is that? where is the old version?

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:21 PM

Try this procedure:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

7 replies

Jul 24, 2022 5:21 PM in response to WaelZidan68

It might be that iMovie has simply been hidden. At the top of your app store Account page there is an item called View Information. Click on that.

When you click on it, a new window will open and you will see a heading called Hidden items, giving you the option to unhide any hidden apps. Try that and see if it works.

-- Rich

Aug 27, 2022 4:27 AM in response to Rich839

I’d like to do small bit of editing on a video taken on an iPhone and sent to me as an attachment. When I click on the version of iMovie installed years back on my iMac, I get the message it needs to be updated. When I try to download the current version of iMovie, I get the message it needs macOS 11.5.1 or later. My late 2012 A1418 iMac is on macOS 10.15.7, as updated as it will go. So macOS 11.5.1 is out of my reach.

What can I do? And if iMovie is just no longer accessible to me on my iMac, what alternative simple editing software would anyone recommend?

iMovie app on mac os 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.