You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 13 Pro unable to send picture

Hi, I just received a new iPhone 13 Pro and I am unable to send pictures in a group message. When I take out the user that has a samsung, the photos go through fine. This is my first time using iPhone if I can’t send group messages with my husband included (Samsung user) I might need to switch back to android. I’ve read up on all the different tricks. I have tried to restart my phone, toggled the MMS Messaging on and off and it is on currently and also did the same with group messaging and SMS. No luck. To recap, I’m having issues primarily with sending to Samsung numbers only.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:31 PM

There are two major components here:

1. Group Messaging (using a heterogeneous group) What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support
  2. MMS Messaging (sending photos to non-Apple devices)

I suggest starting by isolating the second component. Can you send pictures to your husband if he’s the only message recipient? If not, you have an issue with MMS, which would need resolution by your cellular carrier. It’s possible, for example, your cellular plan does not include MMS.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:31 PM in response to Megan_Marie_M

There are two major components here:

1. Group Messaging (using a heterogeneous group) What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support
  2. MMS Messaging (sending photos to non-Apple devices)

I suggest starting by isolating the second component. Can you send pictures to your husband if he’s the only message recipient? If not, you have an issue with MMS, which would need resolution by your cellular carrier. It’s possible, for example, your cellular plan does not include MMS.

New iPhone 13 Pro unable to send picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.