You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air 4 getting hot on the right side

I just bought an iPad air 4 last week, but I noticed that it's getting warm only on the right side while changing! Is it normal? Does anyone have the same problem?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:11 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2022 8:35 PM in response to Maryamurfa

Maryamurfa Said:

"Ipad air 4 getting hot on the right side: I just bought an iPad air 4 last week, but I noticed that it's getting warm only on the right side while changing! Is it normal? Does anyone have the same problem?"

-------

How how is hot? Is it burning? I wouldn't say its normal on one side. So, try the following...

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

Try the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: a Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

1. Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Jul 25, 2022 2:22 AM in response to Maryamurfa

An iPad may become warm (or very warm) when being used - but the iPad should never become uncomfortably hot to hold. Localised warming on the right side of the iPad is usually associated with charging of the Apple Pencil if you have one - the area of warming being associated with the magnetic/inductive charging dock on the edge of the iPad.

Being new, if you have any concerns at all, you might be best advised to return it to your retailer for exchange or refund. If purchased directly from Apple, you have benefit of an unconditional 14-day return period.

Ipad air 4 getting hot on the right side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.