You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Macbook from "where is my device" remotely and after it has been deleted from my devices

Hi. I have sold an old MacBook and, although I have erased it and removed it from my devices, I have forgot to deactivate the "where is my device" function.

Is there still a way to deactivate this function remotely without giving away my credentials? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:41 AM

Turning off Find My remotely requires that the device still be in your list of My Devices. If it is, you can select the device and Erase the Device, which will remove all settings including turning off Find My.

Remove a device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Remove Macbook from "where is my device" remotely and after it has been deleted from my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.