You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac Mail on Big Sur

in Mail and even here in this tect and in Pages, it selects an email or a chaercater and when I move the pointer to another ewmail or space it just highlights/selects all the intervening emails and or text so I cannot open an email or correct typos in the text. comman/click works but whwen I click on another email or space, it selects all emails again or all intervening text.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 5:35 AM

The text of your question is exhibiting numerous typos which I presume is the issue which needs resolution.

A few basic things to try first.

• uninstall any anti-virus or cleanup app as they are notorious for causing issues.
  • try another keyboard, any usb type, and see if the problem is still there.
  • start up in safe mode and see if the problem is still there, if not do a normal restart and check again.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2022 5:35 AM in response to JonathanWhitaker90

The text of your question is exhibiting numerous typos which I presume is the issue which needs resolution.

A few basic things to try first.

• uninstall any anti-virus or cleanup app as they are notorious for causing issues.
  • try another keyboard, any usb type, and see if the problem is still there.
  • start up in safe mode and see if the problem is still there, if not do a normal restart and check again.

Imac Mail on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.