You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Necessary to save folder and files accompanying a downloaded font?

Once a font is installed on my Mac using Font Book, is it necessary to keep the entire folder's worth of stuff that the font was in when I downloaded it?

Can I save space and put that in the Trash? Or is it needed to make the font work?

For example, I just downloaded a font that came in a folder containing three files:

These seem expendable to me … but what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Insights welcome. 👍

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 3:02 PM

You could drag and drop the hello-miami folder into your /Users/yourname/Library/Fonts folder and the included fonts would be recognized by the applications on your Mac as that folder location is one of three that the operating system scans for fonts. This is the approach I take for improved organization in that Fonts folder. I don't even bother with Font Book.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2022 3:02 PM in response to sfrench

You could drag and drop the hello-miami folder into your /Users/yourname/Library/Fonts folder and the included fonts would be recognized by the applications on your Mac as that folder location is one of three that the operating system scans for fonts. This is the approach I take for improved organization in that Fonts folder. I don't even bother with Font Book.

Necessary to save folder and files accompanying a downloaded font?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.