You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB SuperDrive connection adapter

How do I connect my USB SuperDrive to M1 MacBook pro 13 inch?

I have a BELKIN USB-C 7-in-1 Multiport adapter which is not working with the USB SuperDrive and this is frustrating. Are there compatible adapters?

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 6:04 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2022 7:40 AM in response to eleonora185

Most hubs/docks won't work with the exception of a few Apple ones. However, an inexpensive, direct USB-C to USB-A adapter should work. There are several that don't use a short cable (like Apple's) but rather a hard shell. Someone I know used one to connect a wireless mouse receiver, but they should also work to connect a USB SuperDrive. I have some that cost less than USD $2 and should work fine, like this one. Ten of these cost less than one of Apple's USB adapters.

https://www.daisojapan.com/p-40640-usb-to-type-c-adapter-3-assort-04-x-1-in-10pks.aspx

USB SuperDrive connection adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.