You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

After years of using numbers I've lost the back lines on all documents, even the ones that are in folders for past years. I've read the instructions and nothing works. I have a 2019 MacAir. Would like any help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 2:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Take a look at Sytem Preferences->Accessibility->Display. Is the display contrast slider slid to the right at all or is it on "normal"? If you don't see the slider ( ecause it might be washed out), click just to the right of "Display Contrast" to adjust it to the left. You may have to click a bunch of times to hit it. I'm posting a screenshot but it may not look right to you.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2022 3:12 PM in response to Laurel1940

Take a look at Sytem Preferences->Accessibility->Display. Is the display contrast slider slid to the right at all or is it on "normal"? If you don't see the slider ( ecause it might be washed out), click just to the right of "Display Contrast" to adjust it to the left. You may have to click a bunch of times to hit it. I'm posting a screenshot but it may not look right to you.

Jul 30, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Badunit

The black grid lines. I've restored on some documents but on Google search and internet sites the grid lines around the search box are gone. The gridlines on banking and financial sites etc. Difficult to update a spread sheet without lines to separate the numbered sections. I've messed with this for hours. Uninstalled Duck,DuckGo and back to Chrome or Google. Nothing seems to work.

Jul 30, 2022 3:19 PM in response to Badunit

Sorry, that's what I meant. No reason to access those settings before. Also opened a new numbers document and the gridlines are displayed there, I've just done something to the settings to really mess things up but I really can't understand what I could have done to change the look of Google and other sites being messed up.

Thanks for trying to help. I may have to hire a Mac expert to make a house call. My third Mac, been using Apple products for over 20 years so am really frustrated and feeling s-t-u-p-i-d.

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.