You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I might have 2 apple id for my macbook?

Hi, I am able to sign in my apple account but, in settings it asks another apple id and password in my macbook pro settings. How can I troubleshoot it? I can't make any upgrades for my laptop.

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:24 PM

is this other apple id yours of someone else's?

If the Apple ID is someone else's, then they did not logout properly before they sold or give away the MacBook .

You will need to contact them and ask them to follow these steps

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If the other Apple ID is yours, you can try to regain the password via Apples iForgot service

If you don't have a trusted device, you can reset your password using a web browser – but the process may take a little longer.

When possible, the web browser will redirect you to a trusted device. If you'll have access to one of your trusted devices soon, it may be faster and easier to reset your password then.

Reset your password at iforgot.apple.com

If you have forgotten your Apple ID password – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2022 3:24 PM in response to saksuk

is this other apple id yours of someone else's?

If the Apple ID is someone else's, then they did not logout properly before they sold or give away the MacBook .

You will need to contact them and ask them to follow these steps

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If the other Apple ID is yours, you can try to regain the password via Apples iForgot service

If you don't have a trusted device, you can reset your password using a web browser – but the process may take a little longer.

When possible, the web browser will redirect you to a trusted device. If you'll have access to one of your trusted devices soon, it may be faster and easier to reset your password then.

Reset your password at iforgot.apple.com

If you have forgotten your Apple ID password – Apple Support (UK)

I might have 2 apple id for my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.