You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad

my dad passed away and i had POA and received every thing in his will he had two ipads but i dont know the numbers he used to unlock the ipads is there a way i can use or reset the ipads so i can use them. i dont know any of his passwords. thanks

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 12:00 PM

You can reset the iPads by following the steps here: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once that is done, you will need access to his Apple ID to set up the iPads again, since they will be activation locked.

See here to start the process of requesting access to his account: link-> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2022 12:00 PM in response to rollin6363

You can reset the iPads by following the steps here: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once that is done, you will need access to his Apple ID to set up the iPads again, since they will be activation locked.

See here to start the process of requesting access to his account: link-> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.