You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Person Appears in People File - macOS Monterey

How do I correct photo favorite's content?

Photos of other persons are appearing on People's Favorite files. On macOS Monterrey, when I select a person in Peoples favorites different persons' photo appears. Interestingly, the photo's circle label shows the other person's name, i.e.: Emily on Alice's favorite file. It may be that since both sisters looked alike when they were babies, I may have misidentified them when tagging the photos while identifying additional photos.

I am unable to remove the incorrect person's (Emily) photo from the correct (Alice) person's photo favorite file. Using the "This is not Alice" option at the bottom of the page did not remove Emily's photo from Alice's favorite file either.

Additional Info:

• I synchronize selected photos to the iPhone and iPad.
  • The same photo appears in both, Alice and Emily's favorites.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:34 AM

JEAlfaro wrote:

• How do I correct photo favorite's content?

Photos of other persons are appearing on People's Favorite files. On macOS Monterrey, when I select a person in Peoples favorites different persons' photo appears. Interestingly, the photo's circle label shows the other person's name, i.e.: Emily on Alice's favorite file. It may be that since both sisters looked alike when they were babies, I may have misidentified them when tagging the photos while identifying additional photos.
I am unable to remove the incorrect person's (Emily) photo from the correct (Alice) person's photo favorite file. Using the "This is not Alice" option at the bottom of the page did not remove Emily's photo from Alice's favorite file either.

Additional Info:
I synchronize selected photos to the iPhone and iPad.

Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac

Change the picture for you or others in apps on Mac

Add titles, captions, and more to photos using Photos on Mac

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

reference—

Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2022 7:34 AM in response to JEAlfaro

JEAlfaro wrote:

• How do I correct photo favorite's content?

Additional Info:
I synchronize selected photos to the iPhone and iPad.

Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac

Change the picture for you or others in apps on Mac

Add titles, captions, and more to photos using Photos on Mac

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

reference—

Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Wrong Person Appears in People File - macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.