You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

witch mac os am I using

I want to update my safari as requested by my BOA. I don't know which version I am using. Snow Leapord??

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 11:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 4:22 AM

Apple menu () -> About This Mac. That will clearly tell you which version and name of macOS you are using in the resulting panel.

Unless you are currently running macOS Catalina or later, there is no update for Safari as these are restricted to currently supported operating systems. If the first paragraph indicates you are running macOS 10.14.* or older, there will be no Safari update unless your Mac can upgrade to one of the three currently supported operating systems.

See How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support using the Safari browser to determine if the product description line from the first paragraph meets the hardware requirements for Catalina or later to allow that Safari version upgrade. Understand that Apple will drop support for Catalina once macOS Ventura is released this Fall.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 4:22 AM in response to Ronppk

Apple menu () -> About This Mac. That will clearly tell you which version and name of macOS you are using in the resulting panel.

Unless you are currently running macOS Catalina or later, there is no update for Safari as these are restricted to currently supported operating systems. If the first paragraph indicates you are running macOS 10.14.* or older, there will be no Safari update unless your Mac can upgrade to one of the three currently supported operating systems.

See How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support using the Safari browser to determine if the product description line from the first paragraph meets the hardware requirements for Catalina or later to allow that Safari version upgrade. Understand that Apple will drop support for Catalina once macOS Ventura is released this Fall.

witch mac os am I using

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.