You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KIA keeps disconnecting/reconnecting CarPlay as I drive

I have a 2020 Kia Optima and I have had no issues with CarPlay until the past week or so. It seems to disconnect from my iPhone 13 pro max and then reconnect. I can tell it is doing this because, for instance, if I am listening to a song, the song will start to play out of my phone. The odd part is that my car’s display will still show my music and the counter for the song continues to move as if it is connected. After a few seconds, it plays back through the car.

I have attempted to disconnect and reconnect it to my car which did nothing. I have also tried multiple different apple cords to no avail.

I have no issues plugging in headsets or any other audio to my phone and having it not disconnect. I play drums and use my phone to plug into an electronic drum set and the sound never cuts out during playback through lightning/aux.

is there any resolution to this?

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 6:37 AM

You may find a suitable answer here --> Android Auto / Apple CarPlay disconnects randomly ...

1 reply

KIA keeps disconnecting/reconnecting CarPlay as I drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.