You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to plug in my MacBook Pro into my double screens?

I’m trying to plug in my Mac Book Pro into my double screens… I can only get one to work and the second one says out of range… Anyone know how to fix this issue??? I’ve googled and you tubed and nothing comes up for a solution

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 3:39 PM

• For Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip: You can connect a single external display to your Mac. Docks don’t increase the number of displays you can connect. On a Mac mini with M1 chip, you can connect a second display to the HDMI port. See the Apple Support article Mac computers with Apple silicon.
  • For Mac computers with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C): You can connect a single display to each port. If you connect multiple Thunderbolt devices to each other, the Thunderbolt 3 display must be the last device in the chain. If your Thunderbolt 3 display has USB ports, those can be used for data and power.
  • For Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2: You can connect up to two displays. If the displays themselves have Thunderbolt ports, you can connect one display to another, and then connect one of the displays to a Thunderbolt port on your Mac. If your Mac has two Thunderbolt ports, you can connect each display to separate Thunderbolt ports on your Mac. A DisplayPort device must be the last device in a chain of connected Thunderbolt devices. See Connect a display, TV or projector to Mac.
  • For Mac computers with Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports: You can connect up to four external displays to your Mac, depending on your Mac model. See the Apple Support article Connect a display to your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 3:39 PM in response to DanielIAH

• For Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip: You can connect a single external display to your Mac. Docks don’t increase the number of displays you can connect. On a Mac mini with M1 chip, you can connect a second display to the HDMI port. See the Apple Support article Mac computers with Apple silicon.
  • For Mac computers with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C): You can connect a single display to each port. If you connect multiple Thunderbolt devices to each other, the Thunderbolt 3 display must be the last device in the chain. If your Thunderbolt 3 display has USB ports, those can be used for data and power.
  • For Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2: You can connect up to two displays. If the displays themselves have Thunderbolt ports, you can connect one display to another, and then connect one of the displays to a Thunderbolt port on your Mac. If your Mac has two Thunderbolt ports, you can connect each display to separate Thunderbolt ports on your Mac. A DisplayPort device must be the last device in a chain of connected Thunderbolt devices. See Connect a display, TV or projector to Mac.
  • For Mac computers with Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports: You can connect up to four external displays to your Mac, depending on your Mac model. See the Apple Support article Connect a display to your Mac.

How to plug in my MacBook Pro into my double screens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.