You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam text on my iPhone 11

I was looking at doing some trading of cryptocurrencies on line through an approved broker. A broker was on to me immediately and asked for my name, mobile number and email address. Unfortunately I also gave my debit card for a deposit. However when they requested two step verification ie passport etc I immediately stopped proceeding with them. I subsequently had the authorised broker contact me re same. Unfortunately I had received a sms text from the previous broker informing me I had successfully registered but I now needed to login with a password they supplied which I did!!

So I feel there maybe malware on my iPhone now. How can I check if this is the case? What antivirus software can I run to make sure it’s not on my iPhone? Thanks

iPhone 11, 15

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 7:10 AM

Hello Wickaita,

Unless you download AND installed a profile (which would have required you to also restart your phone) on to you iPhone, then you don't have a virus.

However, based on the information you provided, I would reach out to your bank and request a new debit card immediately.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2022 7:10 AM in response to Wickaita

Hello Wickaita,

Unless you download AND installed a profile (which would have required you to also restart your phone) on to you iPhone, then you don't have a virus.

However, based on the information you provided, I would reach out to your bank and request a new debit card immediately.

Scam text on my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.