You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I recover contacts lost after 15.6 iOS update?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:51 AM

If you sync contacts with iCloud you may be able to recover them in iCloud.com using the instructions in here.

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you don’t sync contacts with iCloud, but you include them in your backups, you can restore a backup to recover the contacts. Restoring a backup will overwrite all of the current contents on you device and replace that content with the content in the backup.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync contacts with an email account, make sure that you have that enabled in the email account. Settings>Mail>Account>Account Name>Contacts>On.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2022 10:51 AM in response to anibelka1973

If you sync contacts with iCloud you may be able to recover them in iCloud.com using the instructions in here.

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you don’t sync contacts with iCloud, but you include them in your backups, you can restore a backup to recover the contacts. Restoring a backup will overwrite all of the current contents on you device and replace that content with the content in the backup.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync contacts with an email account, make sure that you have that enabled in the email account. Settings>Mail>Account>Account Name>Contacts>On.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.