You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard for iMac that allows navigation (arrow) keys on numeric keypad?

Is there a keyboard I can get for the iMac 24” that has a numeric keypad but also with a NumLock key so I can turn NumLock OFF and use those keys as navigation keys (left, right, down, and up arrow keys)?

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 3:03 AM

rick7 wrote:

Is there a keyboard I can get for the iMac 24” that has a numeric keypad but also with a NumLock key so I can turn NumLock OFF and use those keys as navigation keys (left, right, down, and up arrow keys)?

Control the pointer using Mouse Keys on Mac - Apple Support

6 replies

Aug 8, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Mal-S

Right, thank you—I find those navigation keys hard to manage but it looks like I may have to get used to them. I’m coming from the Windows world where most keyboards with a numeric keypad have the ability to use those “numeric” keys as navigation, and it’s hard to give that up. Those four arrow keys (numeric 1, 7, 3, and 9) just feel very comfortable in your hand, and pressing them is very intuitive (north, south, east, west) as they’re spaced much better than the tiny, cramped ones. I actually have an external keyboard for my 12.9” IPad Pro that does what I want, so I was hoping there’d be one for the iMac as well.

Keyboard for iMac that allows navigation (arrow) keys on numeric keypad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.