You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro keyboard backlight malfunctioning

I noticed that my keyboard backlight is malfunctioning. Sometimes they flicker or only some turn on, but they never light up all at the same time. This is the first time this has happened to me, keys work fine it's just the backlight.. I already tried turning it on and off but still nothing.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 8:59 PM

hiris_s wrote:

I noticed that my keyboard backlight is malfunctioning. Sometimes they flicker or only some turn on, but they never light up all at the same time. This is the first time this has happened to me, keys work fine it's just the backlight.. I already tried turning it on and off but still nothing.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/eff799af-2d91-42a5-91e6-2372fb651da9

check you coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2022 8:59 PM in response to hiris_s

hiris_s wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/eff799af-2d91-42a5-91e6-2372fb651da9

check you coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook Pro keyboard backlight malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.