You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus mode - block contacts but receive calls/sms from unknown due to deliveries etc

Time sensitive doesn't work here because how would whatever decides something is time sensitive know that a random call is the delivery driver asking for directions? Or that the SMS is from someone saying the door buzzer didn't work?

If I'm expecting a delivery (which let's be honest, most of us are given work from home) I can't use focus mode because of this, so I still get notifications from friends and fam all day.

Is there an option or setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:33 AM

I'm asking about allowing unknown callers and senders when in Focus mode but blocking everyone else. Does your advice apply there? (not sure how i marked your post as helpful because it's not and now I don't see how to remove that. sigh.)

2 replies

Aug 9, 2022 4:07 AM in response to sissy

Please check the following settings...

• Silence: Choose to silence calls and notifications always or only when the device is locked.
  • Allow Calls From: Allow calls from everyone, no one, your favorites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
  • Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

Focus mode - block contacts but receive calls/sms from unknown due to deliveries etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.