You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my printer does not print from my iMac

Suddenly my Officejet_Pro_8600 does not print from my iMac. Any suggestions

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 10:27 AM

Hi,

Some of the 8600 series models appear to support AirPrint. If your printer is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the Mac computer, and AirPrint has been used earlier:

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order).

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2022 10:27 AM in response to LaJuan272

Hi,

Some of the 8600 series models appear to support AirPrint. If your printer is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the Mac computer, and AirPrint has been used earlier:

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order).

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Suddenly my printer does not print from my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.