You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone and camera for macpro6

I want to add a microphone and a camera to my macpro6 with Mojave.

Is the Neweer NW-700 a good solution?

Any alternative suggestions and what about a camera?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 1:04 PM

Hi, etnad, yes, the Neweer NW-700 looks good.... bear in mind that Macs cannot usually use standard 3 pole TRS microphones....if your Mac Pro 6,1 has a headphone jack, you might be able to use a standard 3.55 mm heaphone or 1/4 inch with an adapter cable... so you'd need to get a 4 pole TRRS to 3 pole TRS adapter, and use that, or in this case, because the microphone actually has an XLR connector, XLR to TRRS adapter cable.... or XLR to USB adapter...... as for adding a camera, do you mean a still (photo) camera or a video camera ? if it's the 2nd one, then you'd need a USB webcam with a built in microphone....i don't know how well that would compares to the Neweer NW-700 as that is more "professional" and "Studio quality" , but if you're unhappy with the quality of the webcam's built in microphone, you could use the Neweer NW-700 as well as the USB webcam..... There are many makers of webcams, but you'd be looking for one that works nicely with Mac..... so, perhaps Logitech ???

john B

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2022 1:04 PM in response to etnad

Hi, etnad, yes, the Neweer NW-700 looks good.... bear in mind that Macs cannot usually use standard 3 pole TRS microphones....if your Mac Pro 6,1 has a headphone jack, you might be able to use a standard 3.55 mm heaphone or 1/4 inch with an adapter cable... so you'd need to get a 4 pole TRRS to 3 pole TRS adapter, and use that, or in this case, because the microphone actually has an XLR connector, XLR to TRRS adapter cable.... or XLR to USB adapter...... as for adding a camera, do you mean a still (photo) camera or a video camera ? if it's the 2nd one, then you'd need a USB webcam with a built in microphone....i don't know how well that would compares to the Neweer NW-700 as that is more "professional" and "Studio quality" , but if you're unhappy with the quality of the webcam's built in microphone, you could use the Neweer NW-700 as well as the USB webcam..... There are many makers of webcams, but you'd be looking for one that works nicely with Mac..... so, perhaps Logitech ???

john B

microphone and camera for macpro6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.