You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where itunes stores backup data?

With new computers can itunes make an easy change to allow users to control where backup data is stored, instead of automatically on C drive?

New computers have limited storage on C drives as a safety feature and more storage on D or sometimes even E hard drives. Itunes is basically useless for storing backups of iphones on new computers because of this.

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:53 AM

See Relocate iOS device backups. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage. Note that although you can get iTunes to store this data or your D: drive, for example, it will still be checking for free space on the C: drive when it looks to see if there is enough room to complete the backup.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2022 3:53 AM in response to SeanOharelongisland

See Relocate iOS device backups. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage. Note that although you can get iTunes to store this data or your D: drive, for example, it will still be checking for free space on the C: drive when it looks to see if there is enough room to complete the backup.

tt2

Aug 15, 2022 1:10 AM in response to turingtest2

That is alot of work and programming to get a simple switch to happen within itunes?

Why can't Itunes programmers make this an easy fix?

If I can store and change the destination of my media folder in any hard drive destination I want,

why is it so difficult to do the same thing with the mobilebackup file?

Apple is supposed to be a leading technology company,

why do i have to trick one of its flagship programs into doing something it should already be doing?

Where itunes stores backup data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.