You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot print with my iPhone 13

I have a HP Office Jet Pro 6978 which I don't see in the list but it's not even 1 year old. I cannot print with my iPhone 13. What can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 8:48 AM

Yes the printer is connected to one of the LAN ports of the router with a cable and yes the iPhone is connected on the house network. I got the HP Smart application and it now works. Thanks again for your help.

7 replies

Aug 12, 2022 12:51 PM in response to Clarenrac

Hi,

Only an HP OfficeJet 6970 All-In-One is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support. However, the HP specifications seem to include AirPrint for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer as well,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/11161264/document/c05061732

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-officejet-pro-6978-all-in-one-printer#techSpecs

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure that the printer and the iPhone are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Do not use a "Wi-Fi direct" connection. AirPrint works with a printer wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi router or wired by Ethernet to one of the LAN ports.

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

I cannot print with my iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.