You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14-inch UPGRADE

If I buy a MacBook Pro 14-inch

Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine

16GB unified memory

1TB SSD storage

Is it possible to upgrade in the future?

Apple M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine

64GB unified memory

8TB SSD storage

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 8:12 PM

Japan Ishikawa Said:

"MacBook Pro 14-inch UPGRADEL If I buy a MacBook Pro 14-inch [...]Is it possible to upgrade in the future?[...]"

-------

Upgrading M1 Hardware:

No. M1 Macs have app hardware soldered in to the LogicBoard. All installed items are designed to work as one device. So, you cannot upgrade the hardware on device itself. That is the way Apple has designed it. So, get the one that best suits your needs.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2022 8:12 PM in response to Japan Ishikawa

Japan Ishikawa Said:

"MacBook Pro 14-inch UPGRADEL If I buy a MacBook Pro 14-inch [...]Is it possible to upgrade in the future?[...]"

-------

Upgrading M1 Hardware:

No. M1 Macs have app hardware soldered in to the LogicBoard. All installed items are designed to work as one device. So, you cannot upgrade the hardware on device itself. That is the way Apple has designed it. So, get the one that best suits your needs.

MacBook Pro 14-inch UPGRADE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.