You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

? about text going green

When I try to send a text message to an ANDROID user, it goes green. Sometimes it comes back not delivered, it drives me crazy. I have an I PHINE SE, my wife has an I PHONE 7 PLUS, hers doesn’t do this. I went into both our settings to see if they are the same, they are. Can anyone help me out? THANKS It happens on my I PHONE & I PAD

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:35 AM

When you send to a non-iPhone the message uses your carrier’s SMS/MMS service, which is outside of Apple’s control If you have a problem with it you must work with your carrier to resolve it.

It happens on your iPad because iPads don’t have the ability to access SMS/MMS; instead, SMS/MMS messages are routed through your iPhone. So the problem is with your iPhone account settings in your carrier’s network.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2022 7:35 AM in response to haircutter65

When you send to a non-iPhone the message uses your carrier’s SMS/MMS service, which is outside of Apple’s control If you have a problem with it you must work with your carrier to resolve it.

It happens on your iPad because iPads don’t have the ability to access SMS/MMS; instead, SMS/MMS messages are routed through your iPhone. So the problem is with your iPhone account settings in your carrier’s network.

? about text going green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.