You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to delete an email message from my ipad without having it delete the same message on my phone or computer. How do I do that?

I would like to delete an email message from my ipad without having the same message deleted from my computer or phone. Is there a way to do that??

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:43 PM

If your iPad and computer are both set-up to use an IMAP mailbox, tour devices will automatically remain synchronised. Received new email, deletions and “read mail” will all remain in sync’.

When adding an email account to an iPad, it will automatically configure the account for IMAP is supported by your mail provider. As such, you may only need to update your computer settings - if at all. Check with your email provider for the correct settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2022 2:43 PM in response to barbchap

If your iPad and computer are both set-up to use an IMAP mailbox, tour devices will automatically remain synchronised. Received new email, deletions and “read mail” will all remain in sync’.

When adding an email account to an iPad, it will automatically configure the account for IMAP is supported by your mail provider. As such, you may only need to update your computer settings - if at all. Check with your email provider for the correct settings.

I would like to delete an email message from my ipad without having it delete the same message on my phone or computer. How do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.