You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows? I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows?

I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen. The Apple App Store seems to offer solutions to turn the entire TV into a clock, but does not seem to offer software that will display the time in a small area on the TV as defined by the user.

In the 4K Fire Stick world, there is a solution from Vishnu NK that does exactly what we are looking for in the Apple world.

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:39 AM

If you stream linear/live TV, then the timeline would show the current time, although that would fade out after 5 seconds.

If you are listening to audio (music/podcast), you may run a clock app in the foreground.

Else make your suggestion for a new feature through the feedback form: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

… or have a clock in the room, or wear a wrist watch, or look at the lock screen of your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2022 9:39 AM in response to jpeterka

If you stream linear/live TV, then the timeline would show the current time, although that would fade out after 5 seconds.

If you are listening to audio (music/podcast), you may run a clock app in the foreground.

Else make your suggestion for a new feature through the feedback form: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

… or have a clock in the room, or wear a wrist watch, or look at the lock screen of your phone.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows? I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.