You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install Canon iP100 printer after installing Monterey 12.5

Can anyone tell me how to install Canon printer to iMac using Monterey 12.5, Canon no longer support this model

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 12:15 PM

Hi,

Since the PIXMA iP100 is not supported by Canon, everything you do will be experimental.

There is an earlier package download from Apple, but the system requirements do not include macOS 12.

Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for macOS

Otherwise, the referenced article lists a Canon iP100 series driver version 16.10.0.0. You could always try this (perhaps after a printing system reset), but it may not open/work at all.

Gutenprint drivers for the iP110 (but not iP100) are listed as experimental. May or may not work. However, the normal recommendation is to download drivers from Apple or a printer manufacturer only. Downloading from another source would be at your own risk.

If you have access to another Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later Mac, with working printer drivers for the iP100, you could possibly carry out a few tests with a Mac application called Printopia (a trial version available). The idea would be to connect the printer by USB to the old Mac, which then would act as a print server and share the printer on a network. This should at least allow iPhones and iPads to connect and print.

As always, make sure that you have multiple backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

EDIT: Just noticed that you had replied to d3v1ce while I was composing my message. Good to hear that the Mojave drivers worked.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2022 12:15 PM in response to jtattheloft

Hi,

Since the PIXMA iP100 is not supported by Canon, everything you do will be experimental.

There is an earlier package download from Apple, but the system requirements do not include macOS 12.

Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for macOS

Otherwise, the referenced article lists a Canon iP100 series driver version 16.10.0.0. You could always try this (perhaps after a printing system reset), but it may not open/work at all.

Gutenprint drivers for the iP110 (but not iP100) are listed as experimental. May or may not work. However, the normal recommendation is to download drivers from Apple or a printer manufacturer only. Downloading from another source would be at your own risk.

If you have access to another Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later Mac, with working printer drivers for the iP100, you could possibly carry out a few tests with a Mac application called Printopia (a trial version available). The idea would be to connect the printer by USB to the old Mac, which then would act as a print server and share the printer on a network. This should at least allow iPhones and iPads to connect and print.

As always, make sure that you have multiple backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

EDIT: Just noticed that you had replied to d3v1ce while I was composing my message. Good to hear that the Mojave drivers worked.

Cannot install Canon iP100 printer after installing Monterey 12.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.