You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery power

Since downloading the latest software a couple of days ago, on my iPad, my battery is draining very fast. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 1:23 PM

If you had to download a full iPadOS 15.6.1 upgrade/update from a much ealier iPadOS version, it may take some time for your iPad battery use to return to a normal charging/discharge rate.

A full iPadOS 15 install, from a previous iPadOS version will cause a lot a of background update process which may take some time to happen.

Give your iPad a couple of days for it to run and update all of these various background processes and see if your battery discharge returns to a more “normal” discharge rate.

I just did the iPadOS 15.6.1 UPGRADE/update from iPadOS 14.8 and my iPad Pro went from approximately 6-6-1/2 hours on a ful, 100% battery charge to approx. 4 hours on a full charge since I did this upgrade late Friday night, 08.19.2022.

So, I am giving my iPad a few days for the whole upgrade to “settle in” and see if my battery discharge rate returns to a more reasonable discharge rate.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2022 1:23 PM in response to lynfromlochwinnoch

If you had to download a full iPadOS 15.6.1 upgrade/update from a much ealier iPadOS version, it may take some time for your iPad battery use to return to a normal charging/discharge rate.

A full iPadOS 15 install, from a previous iPadOS version will cause a lot a of background update process which may take some time to happen.

Give your iPad a couple of days for it to run and update all of these various background processes and see if your battery discharge returns to a more “normal” discharge rate.

I just did the iPadOS 15.6.1 UPGRADE/update from iPadOS 14.8 and my iPad Pro went from approximately 6-6-1/2 hours on a ful, 100% battery charge to approx. 4 hours on a full charge since I did this upgrade late Friday night, 08.19.2022.

So, I am giving my iPad a few days for the whole upgrade to “settle in” and see if my battery discharge rate returns to a more reasonable discharge rate.

Best of Luck to You!

Battery power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.