You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes library not showing in music after monterey installed--help????

I updated my OS on my 2018 Macbook pro and iTunes is gone along with my thousands of songs I painstakingly downloaded from the CDs...How do I get them back? I do see a zip file that says "itunes library" on it....

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 10:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 2:07 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Following an upgrade Music should automatically convert your previous iTunes library, but if that hasn't happened you should be able to press and hold down option as you launch Music, click Choose Library, then browse to and open your iTunes Library.itl file. This will prompt for a location to save the converted Music library which would normally be placed in ~/Music/Music.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2022 2:07 AM in response to LaRoze

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Following an upgrade Music should automatically convert your previous iTunes library, but if that hasn't happened you should be able to press and hold down option as you launch Music, click Choose Library, then browse to and open your iTunes Library.itl file. This will prompt for a location to save the converted Music library which would normally be placed in ~/Music/Music.

tt2

Aug 23, 2022 7:44 AM in response to turingtest2

first Thnks for replying. i am trying really hard not to panic. So I tried this and it said loading for over 12 hours. Also I can't find any .itl files newer than 2018! eep. Going to try again, but if you see this and think of any further tips, that would be great. omg. Thousands of tracks......Keep calm keep calm

itunes library not showing in music after monterey installed--help????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.