You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to factory reset a iPad that ex-boyfriend logged into

I can't logout and I can't turn the find my iPad off to reset it

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 4:35 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2022 5:01 PM in response to dumdum77

If you allowed your “ex” to sign-in with his own AppleID, you’ll need to secure his help to remove the Activation Lock, associated with his AppleID, that will now likely secure the iPad from from reuse:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Otherwise, you will need your original purchase invoice - that clearly shows the serial number or IMEI of the iPad - and seek help from Apple Support or the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.