You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage not using default line as set in the contact

I have 2 lines (business & personal) on my iPhone 13. I set default lines to use in each contact. When I send an imessage to a contact that has the default set to use the business line, I am often frustrated to find that the message got sent from my personal line. Sometimes, even when I change the line to business during the imessage conversation, it still reverts back to my personal line. I don't have this problem with phone calls, only with imessage. Why does it do that???

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 11:40 PM

Thank you. However, I have done that to select the “send from” number, and sometimes iPhone reverts back to the other number AFTER I hit send, then it sends the message. Then it’s too late, and I have to send another message to the recipient to explain what happened.

2 replies

imessage not using default line as set in the contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.