You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match on Older Machines

I pay for iCloud and pay for iTunes Match but I cannot seem to get access to my music. My iMac is from late-2009 (running High Sierra) my MacBook Air is 2017 (running Big Sur) and I have an iPhone 8 (running iOS 15.6).

I was advised not to update my old iMac further due to hardware conflict. But it has my library of 2500 songs on its hard drive. Some is from CDs, some from iTunes purchases, and others IDK where.

What should I do to download all my music so it is accessible with or without wifi?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:53 AM

In principle you should be able to turn on iCloud Music Library/Sync Library in iTunes on your iMac to merge together any unique content it has with the iCloud Music Library you already(?) share with your MacBook Air and iPhone. See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music (or iTunes Match) - Apple Support.

Once you can see all of your content in the cloud from each computer or device you can decide what to download to it. Ideally you would have one computer with all your original content (in case of mismatches) which you would also backup to an external drive for security.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2022 8:53 AM in response to PB in BC

In principle you should be able to turn on iCloud Music Library/Sync Library in iTunes on your iMac to merge together any unique content it has with the iCloud Music Library you already(?) share with your MacBook Air and iPhone. See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music (or iTunes Match) - Apple Support.

Once you can see all of your content in the cloud from each computer or device you can decide what to download to it. Ideally you would have one computer with all your original content (in case of mismatches) which you would also backup to an external drive for security.

tt2

iTunes Match on Older Machines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.