You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly missing fonts on iPad

I'm using iFont to install fonts on my iPad Pro. I already had them installed and everything was fine until a few days ago when half my fonts were suddenly "not installed" anymore, even though their configuration profiles are still in settings. When I try to reinstall them, the configuration profile is created and installed without a problem, but the font still shows as not installed. I tried several times. My iPad OS is up to date. The app is up to date. I even bought AnyFont app and tried there, still no luck, still can't install the fonts. The stupidest thing is that I have iFont on my iPhone too, and all the fonts are still there with no issues, all perfectly installed and usable. Which leads me to believe it is an iPad issue. But why so sudden? Will someone please help me figure this out? It's seriously frustrating.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 6:55 PM

5 replies

Aug 26, 2022 4:54 AM in response to m.witczak

I recommend you create a document in Pages (it's just a word processor) and see whether your fonts are available there. This will let you know whether the problem is confined to 3rd party apps like Cricut or not.

Create your first document in Pages on iPad - Apple Support

Did you delete your old config profiles before trying to reinstall the fonts again?

Aug 26, 2022 4:38 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom.

I don't use Pages, but I went in there and I have no documents. I don't know how to use that. The fonts are in my font folder "on my iPad" in Files.

I used iFont to install fonts via configuration profiles so I can use them in Cricut Design Space. They were installed and usable up until about 6 days ago. After that, my iPad randomly uninstalled half of my fonts. They say "not installed" in iFont and when I try to install them again, another configuration profile is created and installed without issues, however, the font is still marked "not installed" in iFont and not available to use. Other fonts are still there, and ALL the configuration profiles are still there as well. The kicker is that I have iFont and the same fonts installed and usable on my iPhone with no issues. I also downloaded AnyFont and tried to install the missing fonts through that - still no luck. So I'm starting to believe it's some kind of iPad issue. Which is why I'm here.

Aug 26, 2022 6:33 AM in response to m.witczak

m.witczak wrote:

I'll try the document, but those fonts are not available anywhere, because they have been uninstalled,

I don't think you can really know if they are "uninstalled" until you find that they are clearly unavailable in an Apple app like Pages.

do you think it's a configuration profile issue? I have not deleted any of them, should I?

I would definitely remove any existing config profiles before trying to reinstall the fonts (I use AnyFont myself).

Suddenly missing fonts on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.