You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make Mail Rules work on an AOL Account

Specifically it drives us nuts that there are hundreds of junk mails marked as UNREAD and I want no number next to the JUNK mail folder. Yes I know I can manually mark things as read but what are rules for if they do not work. I am told by Apple tech that as AOL cannot be made to mark the emails as unread or not I have no choice. There must be a way to just turn off the number of unread emails next to the JUNK folder on Apple MAIL. It's a computer for ?? sake.

This has been a problem for many of the OS's as far as I can remember back. I have always wondered if they would "fix" this but no joy. I have put it in a feedback/suggestions for years, again, no joy.

Some smart person here must have figured this out by now...

Thanks,

ali

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 10:58 AM

I access AOL mail on my iPad and iPhone. You have two choices. Open the Junk folder and select Edit > Select all. From there, you can

1. Mark all as read, or
  2. Select Delete All.

Option 2 is normally my choice.

Similar questions

4 replies

How to make Mail Rules work on an AOL Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.