You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time limits randomly reset

My daughter’s screen time limits randomly reset. I am certain neither child knows the passcode. It doesn’t matter is I create the limits on their devices or mine. The limits are gone within a few days.

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 2:18 PM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2022 10:56 AM in response to bjnorris99

Hello bjnorris99,

First, try checking for any available iOS updates for their devices (Settings > General > Software Update) as this helps to ensure the latest fixes and improvements are applied. Currently the latest version is iOS 15.6.1. This page can help with updating if needed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Are they familiar with the Apple ID and password that's used to set up Screen Time? We ask as this page helps to go over the available option to reset the Screen Time passcode, which involves using that Apple ID/password: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

It may also help to try changing the passcode for Screen Time, just to rule that out as well.

You may also try checking the "Screen Time > Always Allowed > [Allowed Apps]" section, just to ensure the app(s) in question aren't listed here.

Cheers.

Screen time limits randomly reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.