You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music files

How do I transfer music from a flash drive to the itune library. I've followed many instructions but can't get it to work, because a lot of the commands are not listed in the itune file. Can I add commands to the files.

Mac mini, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 9:15 AM

Use Finder to browse the contents of the flash drive. Select files. Press Cmd+C to copy them. Browse to the Automatically Add to Music folder inside your library's media folder, typically ~/Music/Music/Media. Press Cmd+V to paste. Any items that Music rejects go into a Not Added folder, the rest should be added to your library.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2022 9:15 AM in response to hunkyblue

Use Finder to browse the contents of the flash drive. Select files. Press Cmd+C to copy them. Browse to the Automatically Add to Music folder inside your library's media folder, typically ~/Music/Music/Media. Press Cmd+V to paste. Any items that Music rejects go into a Not Added folder, the rest should be added to your library.

tt2

music files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.