You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

I have two videos on my iPad, iMovie. I need to use the audio from one to replace the audio on the other. How can I copy and insert the audio from one to replace the audio on the other without losing it? I tried and it's not working for me. What am I missing? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 5:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 9:39 PM

This forum is for iMovie for Mac than is a different app than iMovie for iPad. You might want to post your question on the iMovie for iOS forum. Here's the link:

iMovie for iOS - Apple Community

With iMovie for Mac you would create a duplicate project and then detach the audio from both videos, and move the audio clip from Clip No. 2 to Clip No. 1. Then delete video Clip No. 2 and the detached audio clip from Clip No. 1. After syncing up Clip No. 2's audio with video Clip No. 1, you can then export out the project to merge the audio and video into one clip. Because you were working with a duplicate project you would still have all of your original work preserved in your original master project. However, as I say, iMovie for iPad is a different app and so the procedures may not be the same.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2022 9:39 PM in response to thurman146

This forum is for iMovie for Mac than is a different app than iMovie for iPad. You might want to post your question on the iMovie for iOS forum. Here's the link:

iMovie for iOS - Apple Community

With iMovie for Mac you would create a duplicate project and then detach the audio from both videos, and move the audio clip from Clip No. 2 to Clip No. 1. Then delete video Clip No. 2 and the detached audio clip from Clip No. 1. After syncing up Clip No. 2's audio with video Clip No. 1, you can then export out the project to merge the audio and video into one clip. Because you were working with a duplicate project you would still have all of your original work preserved in your original master project. However, as I say, iMovie for iPad is a different app and so the procedures may not be the same.

-- Rich

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.