You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact syncing

Hi my contacts on my iPhone and iPad are not syncing.

I have checked both are updated and using same update.

have turned both devices off and restarted

have checked settings and all show to sync in iCloud

help!! Thanks

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:53 PM

Hello there,

There’s a chance your contacts are being saved either directly to the devices storage or they’re coming from another account, usually an e-mail.

Navigate into Settings > Contacts > Accounts. This menu will show you where contacts are being saved and/or coming from. You should also be able to see an option at the top corner of the contacts app if there is another account syncing apps.

Here’s an article that show’s some other good Contact information: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2022 7:53 PM in response to Mich_tom

Hello there,

There’s a chance your contacts are being saved either directly to the devices storage or they’re coming from another account, usually an e-mail.

Navigate into Settings > Contacts > Accounts. This menu will show you where contacts are being saved and/or coming from. You should also be able to see an option at the top corner of the contacts app if there is another account syncing apps.

Here’s an article that show’s some other good Contact information: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

Aug 30, 2022 8:09 PM in response to Mich_tom

Mich_tom Said:

"Contact syncing: Hi my contacts on my iPhone and iPad are not syncing. I have checked both are updated and using same update. have turned both devices off and restarted have checked settings and all show to sync in iCloud help!! Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting Contact Syncing:

Note that if there are hundreds, or thousands, to sync, then it may take time to transfer. So, wait it out, and it will all be synced, sure enough.

Contact syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.