You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Space between sheets in pages?

Hello everyone!

This a detail that I observed on the layout of the pages app...

The image 1 below (is not mine, I googled it) we can see the space between pages (inside the red oval)

The image 2 (from my macbook pro m1) we are not able to see that same space, there is not a space between pages, one page right away the previous...

The question is... How to create that space between sheets on Pages app? (I like it more in this way)

** If I select the option inspector > Document > Document Tab > Header/Footer/Document Body and uncheck the Document Body option that space between pages appear but I am not able to edit the document, so It looks like is not the right way to achive my goal.

Any help to solve this?

Other idea could be to do a "Full settings reset" for Pages app because I remember I did something that changed this behavior but I forgot what it was... Uninstalling and Installing the app didn't worked.

• Image 1

• Image 2

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 11:51 PM

The top is Page Layout format and the bottom is word processing format. As per Help in Pages:

Intro to word processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac

Pages is a word-processing and page layout app rolled into one. Before you choose a template to get started, decide which type of document you want to create:

• Word processing: Used to create documents that include mainly text, like reports or letters. These documents have a body text area where you type, and the text flows from one page to the next with new pages created automatically when you reach the end of the page.
  • When you open a word processing document (or template), you can just start typing. If you want to add text that’s separate from the main body text, you can add a text box. You can also add images, graphs and other objects.
  • Page layout: Used to create documents with a more custom design, like newsletters, books or posters. A page layout document is like a canvas that you add text boxes, images and other objects to, then arrange the objects on the page however you like.
  • When you open a page layout document (or template), there is no body text area; to add text you need to add a text box and type in it. New pages must be added manually.

Pages templates are designed for either word processing or page layout. The way you add or delete pages, work with objects and more depend on the type of template you choose. If you begin a document with one type of template, you can convert the document to the other type. For example, if you like the text styles, colours and layout of the School Newsletter template, but you want the design flexibility of a page layout document, you can convert the document to page layout. See Use templates.

How to tell which kind of document you’re viewing

To see whether a template (or document) is set up for word processing or page layout, open it. Click in the toolbar and see if the Document Body tick box is selected. If it is, it’s a word-processing document. If not, it’s a page layout document.

See also

Create your first document in Pages on Mac

Add and replace text in Pages on Mac

Set paper size and orientation in Pages on Mac

Add pages in Pages on Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2022 11:51 PM in response to mabvmet

The top is Page Layout format and the bottom is word processing format. As per Help in Pages:

Intro to word processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac

Pages is a word-processing and page layout app rolled into one. Before you choose a template to get started, decide which type of document you want to create:

• Word processing: Used to create documents that include mainly text, like reports or letters. These documents have a body text area where you type, and the text flows from one page to the next with new pages created automatically when you reach the end of the page.
  • When you open a word processing document (or template), you can just start typing. If you want to add text that’s separate from the main body text, you can add a text box. You can also add images, graphs and other objects.
  • Page layout: Used to create documents with a more custom design, like newsletters, books or posters. A page layout document is like a canvas that you add text boxes, images and other objects to, then arrange the objects on the page however you like.
  • When you open a page layout document (or template), there is no body text area; to add text you need to add a text box and type in it. New pages must be added manually.

Pages templates are designed for either word processing or page layout. The way you add or delete pages, work with objects and more depend on the type of template you choose. If you begin a document with one type of template, you can convert the document to the other type. For example, if you like the text styles, colours and layout of the School Newsletter template, but you want the design flexibility of a page layout document, you can convert the document to page layout. See Use templates.

How to tell which kind of document you’re viewing

To see whether a template (or document) is set up for word processing or page layout, open it. Click in the toolbar and see if the Document Body tick box is selected. If it is, it’s a word-processing document. If not, it’s a page layout document.

See also

Create your first document in Pages on Mac

Add and replace text in Pages on Mac

Set paper size and orientation in Pages on Mac

Add pages in Pages on Mac

Space between sheets in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.