You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari “open in app” not working

I’ve had this issue for a while now where whenever safari has an open in app option the link takes me to the App Store for an app I already have downloaded. I tap the “open” button in the App Store pop-up and it just brings me to the home page of the app. The two most common/frustrating examples for me are google maps and Reddit. This has been ongoing over several months and restarts.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 1:29 PM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2022 3:59 PM in response to Jayd118

Hey Jayd118,

We understand you're having issues opening Safari links within their respective apps. We'd be happy to help out.

You mentioned that it takes you to the App Store where you then select to open the already installed app, instead of it going straight to the app. There seems to be some kind of disconnect where your iPhone isn't recognizing right away that these apps are already installed. With that being the case, we'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling any affected app.

For help with doing so, please review: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

How to redownload apps on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the App Store app.
2. Tap the sign-in button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Purchased.
4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button .

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Safari “open in app” not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.