You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i retrieve IME number for my stolen ipad? system only showing last few digits

how can i retrieve IME number for stolen ipad. system only showing last few digits

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 2:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 2:33 AM

Only WiFi+Cellular models of iPad have an IMEI. WiFi Only models have no cellular capabilities or hardware - and as such do not have an IMEI.

You can find your device model and serial numbers, IMEI and other information from another device that is signed-in to iCloud with your AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] - scroll down to see your device list, then tap on the relevant item

Alternatively, this information can be found within your AppleID account information. Using a web browser from any computer:

https://appleid.apple.com

Navigate to the devices tab to find your device information.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2022 2:33 AM in response to Gregarch

Only WiFi+Cellular models of iPad have an IMEI. WiFi Only models have no cellular capabilities or hardware - and as such do not have an IMEI.

You can find your device model and serial numbers, IMEI and other information from another device that is signed-in to iCloud with your AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] - scroll down to see your device list, then tap on the relevant item

Alternatively, this information can be found within your AppleID account information. Using a web browser from any computer:

https://appleid.apple.com

Navigate to the devices tab to find your device information.

Sep 7, 2022 2:29 AM in response to Gregarch

if you mean IMEI number then if you have a wifi ipad then it don't have one only cellular devices have an IMEI nr

if it is a cellular ipad then

Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

one they don't seem to have on the list of ways then if you sync'd the ipad with itunes then you can go into itunes preferences and click on the dialogs device tab then the device back up items should show seriel nr and IMEI as tooltip

how can i retrieve IME number for my stolen ipad? system only showing last few digits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.