You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor

Hi,

I just got a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports). Since I am an university student, I went to the university library and decided to connect my macbook to an external monitor provided by the school (we are also provided with a cable in order to connect a laptop to the screen and the cable ihas a type-c ending). However, this proved impossible - when I connect the cables, the external screen does not turn on - it only says there is no device added to it and then it goes into power saving mode. However, the mouse that is connected to the screen does work on my MacBook. I am using a type-c cable (to plug the screen into my macbook) that is connected to a docking station. I have tried every possible troubleshooting solution I could find and nothing actually worked - turned off my macbook, checked on other monitors, tried playing with the settings. I am starting to wonder whether my macbook is incompatible with external screens. I would really appreciate your help as this issue really bothers me and will be problematic, especially during exams. Thank you in advance

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 4:56 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

External monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.