You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send messages via Mac

I am unable to send some messages via my Mac. It appears to fail when I'm sending to people without iMessage. This worked about a week ago.

I have reviewed this doc and I am still having issues - Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Messages on my Mac are setup as follows:

I have them setup to send from phone number and email address

I keep getting the 'Not Delivered' error message.

I am connected to Wifi on my Mac and cell phone (iPhone).

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 12:00 PM

that article talks about sending from your phone, directly.

This one may provide that additional insights you need from your Mac:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Remember that you must be using the Same Apple-ID on both devices, and that SMS messages are LITERALLY forwarded through your iPhone -- therefore your iPhone MUST be powered on and have cellular service to forward theses messages from your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2022 12:00 PM in response to lyle189

that article talks about sending from your phone, directly.

This one may provide that additional insights you need from your Mac:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Remember that you must be using the Same Apple-ID on both devices, and that SMS messages are LITERALLY forwarded through your iPhone -- therefore your iPhone MUST be powered on and have cellular service to forward theses messages from your Mac.

Can't send messages via Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.