You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am frustrated with difficulty in turning airplay on and off on MacBook (latest macOS). How can I easily turn airplay on and off in macOS? (I'm using airplay between a MacBook and AppleTV.)

How can I easily turn on airplay in MacOS? How can I easily turn off airplay in MacOS?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:00 PM

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

Toggle the Screen Mirroring icon to turn it on or off.

3 replies

Sep 8, 2022 4:53 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks for confirming that I should be using Control Center (launched from the icon in the upper right). When I tried to click the screen mirroring button (thinking it would turn it off) nothing changed (the icon stayed lighted in blue. I'll try that again and see if I get a better result. At least now I know that's how it's supposed to work.

I am frustrated with difficulty in turning airplay on and off on MacBook (latest macOS). How can I easily turn airplay on and off in macOS? (I'm using airplay between a MacBook and AppleTV.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.